Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reading


Emmary is really into "reading" right now. She gets so excited that she can "read" so many different "words." She is very good at reading McDonalds, "Chick-il-a", Target, Qdoba and things like Cinderella and Backyardigans. Basically, she has decided that recognizing logos (which she has done for quite awhile now) is reading.

The other day Ellie was fussing while getting her diaper changed and Emmary decided she needed a pacifier. So I told her she could get one out of Ellie's crib. Well, there were two and she couldn't decide which one to pick. I told her it doesn't matter, she likes both of them. "Well, how about this one- It says Happy Halloween!" I didn't know what she was talking about- but realized when she put it in Ellie's mouth. I said, "How did you know it said Happy Halloween?" Emmary's reply, "I read it- can't you read it right there? In pink?" Well, of course.

1 comment:

allidaisy said...

too cute! i love the things they come up with :)