Emmary decided she was running away the other day. She had colored on her face (both cheeks w/blue marker) and we had to wash her face. It was too much and made her too mad so she was leaving. As it was bedtime, we explained that she really needed to wait until the morning to leave and she agreed- she doesn't really like the dark. And Gordon added that if she was going to be living by herself she really needed a job. So, she asked, "Mommy, will you please check online to see if there are any jobs for me?" I agreed to let her know what I found in the morning. I was telling Popsy about the running away thing later that night and he recommended that she seek employment with the garbage people. Perfect!!! So, the next morning I told her that the only company that e-mailed me back was the garbage company. They could use her help picking up trash. She immediately decided that she was not running away. I egged her on and said the garbage people were not coming back until Monday so she had a few days to think about it. "NO- e-mail them back and tell them I am not running away so I do not need a job." So I did. And no mention of running away since.
1 comment:
she could just run away next door. That's what my friend's sister did. Stayed with Granny and Belle (step-grandma) for 1 night. Packed a bag and everything. Came right back home. :)
Post a Comment