Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dress Up

Emmary knows how to dress herself- she just prefers not to. Well, I have been thinking that she is almost 3 1/2 and should be dressing herself everyday now. Yesterday she was ready to get dressed and wanted me to dress her and I was doing 30 other things and she did not want to wait- so I decided it was time. I told her she needed to get dressed by herself. A huge tantrum followed and a speech about how she was not big enough. I explained that she was big enough and that all her friends dress themselves and that if she did not start dressing herself she was going to be developmentally delayed and we would have to tell the doctor. Of course she dressed herself perfectly and beautifully.

Today we took her to the doctor to check her cough and runny nose to make sure it wasn't anything more serious. She had an ear and sinus infection- but most importantly- everyone at the doctor's office knows she can dress herself. We walk in to the two receptionists "My name is Emmary and don't worry- I can dress myself." The nurse calls us back "I can dress myself- I am big enough now- will you tell Dr. Cabiness?" We wait and Dr. Cabiness comes in "Do you know what? I can dress myself- see!!! (as she proceeds to undress herself to demonstrate her dressing abilities.) Thankfully, Dr. Cabiness says awesome and gives her a high-five so she is ready to move on. The check-out ladies also know that she can dress herself and that Dr. Cabiness said that was great.

So- if you didn't hear- Emmary can dress herself. Now we are working on what to do about the outfits she picks out. (she only likes leggings)

No comments: