Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lost

We had to go to Target to pick up prescriptions today. Well, while we were waiting Gordon went to look at CDs and I had the girls in the stroller looking at the Valentine's stuff. Emmary loves people who work at Target. She can spot them a mile away. And they are all her friends. There are about 10 people at Target on a first-name basis with her.

Well, she spots one (a new employee, I believe) and hops out of the stroller and says "Hi- we have lost our Daddy- have you seen him? We need help." I am right behind her and say no- we haven't lost Daddy he is in the CDs. She is greatly relieved (Emmary and the worker.) And we go to the CDs. On the way up the aisle I tell her she did a very good job finding a Target employee and telling them she was afraid she lost her Daddy. We talked about how if she can't find Mommy or Daddy she should find an employee and say, "I can't find my Mommy or Daddy and my name is Emmary."

Of course, she had to practice. So, as soon as we get up the aisle she hops out of the stroller and runs as fast as she can to the pharmacy to "find an employee." I run after her pushing the stroller and Ellie is cracking up at going so fast- not fast enough though. She has already told the three pharmacists and employee checking out at the pharmacy that "she can't find her Mommy and Daddy and that her name is Emmary." Thankfully, she is "friends" with two of the pharmacists and they already know her name and that I am coming up behind her.

2 comments:

Alli and Erik said...

Out of the mouths of babes!!

Angela said...

Hi Megan, I love the "lost" story-Emmary is quite the character! Thanks for linking my blog to yours- of course I don't mind! The more prayers the better! Angela