Today was Emmary's first visit to the dentist. We had been putting it off but recently decided that she just had to go. Emmary hates to brush her teeth. It is a horrible struggle every night to get her to brush her teeth. I hate to say it, but I don't even try it in the morning. Gordon and I have to tag team her before bedtime. One of us holds her down while the other tries to pry open her mouth and brush. So we knew the dentist would be drama.
We read Dora goes to the Dentist fifty times this last week. So, thankfully, she was a little excited to see what it was like. I am happy to say that Emmary did really really well. We were so proud of her. Gordon held her in his lap while the hygienist cleaned her teeth. Emmary did not like the toothpaste- but everything tastes "hot" to her- even skittles.
However, Dr. Amy broke the news that she can't have her pacis anymore and that she can no longer drink juice in her sippy cup. Emmary didn't have any cavities- but her teeth are starting to overbite from the pacifiers. She could also see where the enamel was starting to decay from the juice. But she thinks it can all be fixed if we make the right changes!! So- here we go!!
One Post a Month: April
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment