Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The first night...

Well, tonight was the first night without any pacifiers and without juice in Emmary's cup. She finally went to sleep at 10:30 p.m. and actually did pretty well. I think she might have gone to sleep sooner but it has been thunderstorming all night. Emmary is afraid of thunderstorms right now. We had some big storms where we lost power for a few hours earlier this spring and it made her very scared. She gets upset anytime it rains or if there are dark clouds in the sky. I am praying that she gets over this fear pretty soon.

Anyways- when we put the pacifiers up she got very upset. However, I told her the story about my Strawberry Shortcake blanket and she loved that. Then, we got my blanket out and she is sleeping with it tonight. I told her about how I got my blankie when I was two and slept with it until she was born. But when she was born, there wasn't room in my bed for my blankie and for her so I had to put my blankie up because I loved her so so much. It was so precious- when we gave Emmary the blanket, she said, " Don't worry Mommy, I am a big girl now, I will take good care of your blankie- I am so glad I am a big girl so that I can have your blankie." And here I am taking away her most precious things- it breaks my heart.

Hopefully she will sleep all night- we will see!!!

No comments: